HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera news
HP Photosmart M22
4 megapixel resolution, 6x digital zoom, 16 MB internal memory, 3.8 cm (1.5 inch) outdoor viewable LCD screen
News: HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera Press release
The Durable HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera With An All Metal Case and Weather Resistance
Take simple, brilliant quality, fun photos with friends and family, using the HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera
LONDON, FEBRUARY 18, 2005 – HP today announced the launch of the HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera, the latest model in the HP Photosmart M-Series range. With its slim line, all metal case, weather resistant features and HP Real Life technologies, the HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera combines durability, ease-of-use and quality into one compact package.
The HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera’s weather resistance technology (level 4) adds durability with a stylish sliding lens cover which offers protection while the digital camera is not in use. This enables users to battle the elements by allowing them to safely take pictures even in poor weather conditions.
In keeping with HP’s award winning signature design, the HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera benefits from a sleek and stylish silver aluminum body with a blue metallic surround. In addition, the classic HP design boasts rounded corners, ergonomic hold and an ultra-compact size.
The HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera has HP Precision Lens technology with a 6x total zoom (1x optical, 6x digital) and multi zone auto focus. Users can capture precision images and view them conveniently on the 3.8 cm colour LCD screen, perfect for viewing photos both indoors and out.
The HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera is equipped with a host of exclusive HP Real Life technologies to help produce award-winning HP image quality enhance the digital photography experience for the user. These landmark features include HP Adaptive Lighting which automatically brightens selected areas of high contrast photos, to give brighter, more true-to-life shots and HP In-Camera Red-Eye Removal system, ensuring that your digital photography results are flawless.
In addition, HP Panorama Photo mode allows users to produce stunning multi-shot photos of landscapes, by displaying a ghosted section of the previous image on the LCD screen and ‘stitching’ the shots together when they are downloaded to the PC, providing a seamless finish.
The HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera also benefits from HP’s Instant Share technology, which allows easy downloading, printing, viewing and sharing by email or via the web. With 4 MP resolution, the HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera produces sharp, crisp photos in a variety of conditions, simply and easily, with logical button layout and software. Each photo is created to such a high photo quality that users can enlarge each one to poster size.
The HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera is available from April 2005 at a recommended UK street price of £99.99 (actual prices may vary).
The HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera With An All-Metal Case and Weather Resistance
The affordable, 4 megapixel, 6x digital zoom HP Photosmart M22 Digital Camera with HP Instant Share, allows users to capture true-to-life digital photos. It features HP Real Life technologies, including Adaptive Lighting, In-Camera Red-Eye Removal, In-Camera Panorama Preview and HP Image Advice. The camera supports picture taking in a variety of conditions and locations, due to its weather resistant and durable all-metal case which is small enough to fit in a pocket.
Key features and benefits
• Weather resistant, all-metal case for taking photos in a variety of conditions.
• Multi zone auto focus provides sharp, clear photos by searching for focus in several areas of an image to capture the best shot
• HP’s exclusive Real Life technologies, developed in HP Labs, help take the guesswork out of digital photography and make it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
• Adaptive lighting to adjust high contrast photos to bring faces out of shadows and details out of backgrounds.
• In-Camera Red-Eye Removal to eliminate the red-eye while images are still in the camera.
• In-Camera Panorama Preview to allow the user to view a ‘pre-stitched’ image on the camera before downloading to a computer.
• HP Image Advice for tips on how to improve a specific photo the next time it is taken.
• HP Instant Share makes sharing, printing and saving digital photos easy. Users simply take a photo and select any one of 34 destinations right on the back of the camera, including email addresses, online photo albums, printers and more, simply by pushing a button.
• When the digital camera is later connected to a computer the selected photos are automatically printed or emailed without burdening the recipient with large file attachments.
• Instant share recipients see thumbnails of the images right in the body of their email message, as well as a link to the web page where they can easily view, print and save the photos, upload them to online albums and more.
• Video clip capture with audio, records memories in sound and motion.
• 4 megapixel resolution
• 6x digital zoom
• Dimensions/Weight 9.6 cm (L) x 2.9 cm (W) x 4.8 cm (H) 570 g without batteries 810 g with batteries
• 16 MB internal memory for storing photos
• 3.8 cm (1.5 inch) outdoor viewable LCD screen
• SD/MMC card slot for storing additional photos
• PictBridge support
• Exif 2.2 support
• USB connectivity (USB 2.0 compatible)
• USB-compatible PC with Microsoft Windows 98, 98 SE, Me— Pentium II (233 minimum) and equivalent Celeron or compatible; 64 MB RAM, 200 MB disk space; Windows 2000, XP Home and Professional Editions— Pentium II (233 minimum) and equivalent Celeron or compatible; 128 MB RAM, 400 MB disk space; SVGA monitor (800 x 600, 16-bit color), CD-ROM drive, Internet Explorer 5.01 with Service Pack 2 or later, open USB port compatible with USB 2.0 specifications USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v 10.2.x or later, 500 MHz PowerPC processor; QuickTime Version 5.0.1 or later; 128 MB RAM; 240 MB disk space; SVGA monitor (800 x 600, 16-bit color); CD-ROM drive; open USB port
• One year limited hardware warranty backed by HP Service and Support.
• HP Photosmart M-Series Quick Recharge Kit for quick and convenient recharging even on the move
• HP AC Adaptor
• An optional HP M-Series case and Silver Case is also available for the camera
Pricing and Availability
• Estimated UK street price of £99.99 ($149) (actual price may vary). Expected to be available for purchase in Spring 2005.