Fuji Fujifilm FinePix S9500-S9000 Digital Camera news
Fuji Fujifilm FinePix S9500-S9000
9 megapixel sensor, 10.7x Optical Zoom lens, external flash hot shoe, 1.8 inch LCD display, PC sync connector, dual memory card slot
News: Fuji Fujifilm FinePix S9500-S9000 Digital Camera Press release
DSLR approach, with a flexible attitude
Fujifilm‚s new bridge camera marries high end image quality with a lens so good, you‚ll be glad it‚s not removable.
Fujifilm today announces the launch of the FinePix S9500, a new model that marks the point where compact digital cameras and digital SLRs meet. Aimed at amateur and enthusiast photographers, the FinePix S9500 features resolution good enough to challenge entry-level digital SLRs. It combines this with a range of features that enable a level of photographic flexibility more often associated with compact digital cameras.
The FinePix S9500 features Fujifilm's brand new 5th generation Super CCD sensor, and offers an image size of nine megapixels. Recognising that image quality is determined by more than just pixel count, the inclusion of Fujifilm's Real Photo Technology gives the FinePix S9500 a true advantage. It has a class-leading sensitivity range of ISO 80 - ISO 1600, which reduces the need for reliance on image stabilisation. The ISO range means that sharp, focused images can be achieved in all light conditions from bright sunny days to night time shots without the use of a flash. Fast shutter speeds not only lessen the effect of blurring from camera shake, but subject movement, too.
The camera incorporates a 28-300mm (equivalent on a 35mm camera) Fujinon zoom lens with twist-barrel zoom control. This is a zoom range that encompasses all the major focal lengths, and the manual zoom control enables the photographer to make precision adjustments. Furthermore, because the lens and body on the FinePix S9500 are built as a closed unit, it eliminates the possibility of dust on the lens and CCD a serious problem when removing lenses on a digital SLR.
A new tilting LCD screen on the camera means that it is possible to view images at awkward angles, such as close to the ground or above the head. Unlike digital SLRs, the LCD can also be used to compose images, which means even more convenience for the photographer.
In addition, the camera features a 30-frames-per-second movie mode with manual zoom capability, giving high quality moving images with sound a function that cannot be integrated into traditional digital SLRs due to the physical design of the cameras.
With a 0.8 second start-up time, and just 0.01 second shutter lag, the FinePix S9500 will give users a near-instant response so that spontaneous shots and unexpected action need never be missed. The camera also incorporates RAW mode, for uncompressed and unprocessed image quality. A hotshoe attachment and PC sync terminal for external flash make it a camera that's as happy in the studio as it is out and about.
FujiFilm FinePix S9500 features at a glance:
• New Fujifilm Super CCD sensor with 9.0 million effective pixels
• New 28-300mm (10.7x) Fujinon zoom lens with manual twist-barrel zoom control
• Class-leading sensitivity setting of ISO 1600 for photography in low light conditions
• Low sensitivity of ISO 80 for ultra-high quality photography
• 1.8‰ tilting LCD screen for easy high and low angle shooting
• Ultra-fast response times (0.01 second shutter lag and 0.8 second start-up)
• Real-time histogram to assist exposure settings before shooting
• Highlight Warning feature for displaying highlight areas in playback
• VGA movie capture of 30 frames per second with zoom capability and sound
• Closed unit design to eliminate dust accumulation on the CCD
• Hotshoe and PC sync terminal
• RAW format shooting for uncompressed and unprocessed images
• xD-Picture Card providing large storage capacity, lower power consumption and fast write speeds (16MB to 1GB capacities currently available)