Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z10 Digital Camera news
Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z10
5.0 megapixel CCD sensor, 3x Optical Zoom, anti shake technology, 2.0 inch LCD
News: Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z10 Digital Camera Press release
CASIO ELECTRONICS CO. LTD., in conjunction with its parent company CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. announced the release of the latest additions to its EXILIM ZOOM line up with the EX-Z10, EX-Z110, and EX-Z120 digital cameras. Designed to be user-friendly, fun, and convenient, as well as featuring CASIO's renowned EXILIM Engine with Anti Shake DSP, these offerings are intended to introduce the ease and enjoyment of high quality digital photography and world-class performance to anyone, anywhere.
The EXILIM digital camera series represents the culmination of CASIO's core technologies, combining cutting-edge miniaturization and digital expertise with state-of-the-art photographic capability. As with all digital cameras in the EXILIM series, the new EXILIM ZOOM models feature CASIO's EXILIM Engine, an image processing module that delivers high quality images, quick operation, and low power consumption, all of which have made EXILIM the camera of choice for many users the world over.
These latest models feature the Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring caused by shaking hands or moving subjects, while the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions ensure that photos are properly focused. High Sensitivity Mode produces clear shots with a bright background without the flash, even when lighting is dim. The EX-Z120 features 7.2 megapixel resolution and 32 scene BESTSHOT function located on a convenient mode dial. The EX-Z110 features 6.0 megapixels and the Exilim Zoom EX-Z10 features 5.0 megapixels, both with practical 28 scene BESTSHOT.
For enhanced user-friendliness, the mode dial and easy mode menu use simple icon images that make picture taking a snap for beginner digital camera users. The EXILIM's emblematic quick start-up is further made convenient with easily accessible DIRECT ON buttons that enable fast start-up for quick shots and photo viewing. All three new models run on AA batteries and have an AV out port allowing quick and convenient image viewing on televisions. Each camera has a 2.0-inch TFT color LCD display as well as a standard optical viewfinder, a 3x optical zoom, and VGA (640x480 pixels) size video recording capabilities. Of course, EXILIM standard features, such as short release time lag, allow pictures to be taken almost instantaneously, so you never miss the important moments. For those who want to enjoy more ambitious photography, these cameras support manual settings such as adjustable shutter speed and aperture for creative photo experiments, satisfying the needs of aspiring minds.
The EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z10, EX-Z110, and EX-Z120 cameras are designed to bring the fun and convenience of digital photography to people everywhere with user-friendly features that are true to CASIO's tradition of cutting-edge technology, intelligent functionality, and high-quality photography.
CASIO EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z10, EX-Z110 & EX-Z120 FEATURES
High Performance, Advanced Capabilities
• The EX-Z120 has a 7.2 megapixel CCD (EX-Z110: 6.0 megapixel CCD; EX-Z10: 5.0 megapixel CCD) and a slim 3x optical zoom
• High quality images, high speed, and long lasting battery in a miniaturized package with EXILIM Engine image processing module
• The latest version of the EXILIM Engine features Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring caused by shaking hands or moving subjects
• Large 2.0 inch digital interface TFT LCD display
• The EX-Z120 can take 170 still shots (EX-Z110: 180 shots; EX-Z10: 270 shots) on one battery charge according to CIPA standards 1
• Stylish, compact and high grade body fits well in the hand
• The zoom lever and shutter are combined into one
*1 Based on Alkaline (LR6 Matsushita Battery Industrial Co., Ltd.)
Easy to Operate User-friendly Mode
• Mode dial facilitates easy switching between still image mode, playback mode, etc.
• For first-time users who find it difficult to navigate complicated settings, easy mode displays selected menu items such as image size and flash on/off in a large, easy to understand format
• Camera powered by AA alkaline, nickel-cadmium, or lithium batteries available at most stores
Enhanced Quick Responsiveness
• Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.3 seconds (EX-Z10/EX-Z110: approximately 1.5 seconds) 2
• After the shutter is fired, the picture is taken almost instantaneously with an approximately 0.007 seconds release time lag (EX-Z110 has 0.004 second lag) 3
• High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 seconds interval
• Continuous shutter function enables photos to be taken in approximately 0.9 seconds 4 intervals, limited to available space on memory card
• The “DIRECT ON” button function allows quick startup in both shooting and playback modes
*2 using internal memory, with internal flash turned off
*3 with internal flash turned off
*4 depending on the type of memory card used
Convenient and Multivariate Functions
• Simple selection from 32 different BESTSHOT scenes (EX-Z10/EX-Z110: 28 BESTSHOT scenes) 5 provides beautiful still pictures
• Manual setting allows adjustment of camera aperture, shutter speed, exposure, etc. for custom shots
• The “Quick Shutter” function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing
• The “Auto Macro” mode allows for automatic switching between macro mode and auto focus mode
• The “Icon Help” function provides pop-up icon guidance when adjusting camera settings
• The “Flash Assist” mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas of the shot
*5 BESTSHOT scenes include “Anti Shake”, which reduces blurring caused by both shaking hands and moving subjects, as well as “High Sensitivity”, which enables bright pictures in a dim place even without the flash.
• Movies recorded in VGA (640x480 pixels) size, 30 frames per second (EX-Z120: 28 frames per second) (Motion JPEG)
• Using the “MOTION PRINT” function, movies can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing
• Movies can be zoomed in during replay
• The “Movie Editing” operation offers three ways (beginning, middle, end) to cut unwanted scenes from a movie
• Equipped with AV out allows the camera to be directly connected to a television to view pictures and movies
• Includes “Photo Loader” software which facilitates easy transfer of pictures to a PC
• Menu display language can be set to Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
• Compatible with PictBridge and USB Direct Print for direct connection to printing device
• Compatible with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) as well as PRINT Image Matching III